Toronto FC almost saw a two-goal lead go to waste, but in the end claimed a 3-2 win over the Colorado Rapids at BMO Field Sunday afternoon.
Tsubasa Endoh started the scoring early on when he finished a nicely worked triangle between Richie Laryea, Marky Delgado and Jozy Altidore. Alejandro Pozuelo doubled Toronto's lead minutes later with a cheeky panenka after Altidore drew the penalty kick.
It took a bit but Colorado found their footing midway through half.
Keegan Rosenberry got one back after a fortuitous bounce, and the Rapids had a golden chance to draw even before the break after Quentin Westberg brought down Sam Nicholson inside the box. However the Toronto goalkeeper redeemed himself with a diving save of Kei Kamara's PK.
Colorado found the equalizer at the hour mark when Nicholson lofted a cross behind the defense and the ball skipped by Westberg.
However Toronto had the last say, as Jonathan Osorio — who had come in for the injured Nicolas Benezet — put away the winner.
- 8’ — TOR — Tsubasa Endoh
- 13’ — TOR — Alejandro Pozuelo
- 31' — COL — Keegan Rosenberry | WATCH
- 62' — COL — Sam Nicholson | WATCH
- 70' — COL — Jonathan Osorio
- TOR: Wednesday, September 18 at Montreal Impact - Canadian Championship Final, first leg (5:30 PM MT; TV TBD)
- COL: Saturday, September 21 at Sporting KC (5:30 PM MT | MLS LIVE on ESPN+)