Colorado Rapids finally played in front of a home crowd in Commerce City, but Sporting Kansas City spoiled the perfect homecoming.
Even with the two-goal lead, the Rapids could not put the game away and relied on goalkeeper Tim Howard to bail them out of several close calls. In the 57th minute, Felipe Gutierrez put one in the back of the net for Sporting KC. Teammate Diego Rubio notched the stoppage time equalizer, stealing the air out of the Rapids faithful.
- 5' – COL – Dominique Badji
- 8' – COL – Joe Mason
- 57' – SKC – Felipe Gutierrez
- 90+1' – SKC – Diego Rubio
- THE BIG PICTURE: Sporting KC has given up nine goals across four matches this season. The speed at which Colorado was able to score Saturday adds insult to injury for Sporting KC's defense.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Diego Rubio's stoppage-time equalizer saved Sporting KC from a second loss of the season, but SKC will have to reevaluate their defense in the upcoming weeks.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Despite the new additions displayed on offense, Howard was still the most valuable player on the pitch. He recorded seven saves against Sporting KC
- COL: Saturday, March 31 vs Philadelphia Union (7 PM MT)
- SKC: Saturday, March 31 vs D.C. United (6:30 PM MT)