Conor Casey will be inducted into the club's Gallery of Honor during a pregame ceremony on Saturday. With that in mind, here are nine numerical nuggets for the club's most prolific number nine.
1. Conor Casey made 119 regular season appearances for the Colorado Rapids, between April 22, 2007 and September 30, 2012, scoring 50 goals and tallying 16 assists.
2. Of the 119 appearances, 59 were at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, with 27 of his 50 goals, and 10 of his 16 assists coming in Commerce City.
3. His home debut came on May 5, 2007. He played the last 29 minutes, as a substitute for Nicolas Hernandez in a 3-1 loss to Houston Dynamo.
4. Casey’s first goal for the Rapids came in Colorado. He scored the opening goal of a 3-0 win over LA Galaxy in his 12th appearance for the club, on August 26, 2007. The Galaxy team that day included Alan Gordon.
5. There have been seven hat-tricks scored for the Rapids in MLS, by five different names. The only one of those names to enjoy a hat-trick for the club more than once is Casey. He scored three goals on three occasions, including two in the 2009 season.
6. His only hat-trick at DSGP came in the first half of a 4-0 win over Chivas USA on August 8, 2009. Bobby Burling played the second half of that game for Chivas USA, after Shavar Thomas had been sent off on the stroke of half-time.
7. When Casey played, the Rapids went 26-15-18 at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park.
8. His last goal for the club came at BMO Field in Toronto - the scene of his greatest night in Colorado colors - on July 18, 2012. The Rapids lost 2-1.
9. Conor Casey’s last appearance for the Rapids came at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park on September 30, 2012 and a 1-1 tie with an LA Galaxy side containing David Beckham, Landon Donovan, Omar Gonzalez, Robbie Keane, and Juninho. Marcelo Sarvas opened the scoring for the Galaxy. Jaime Castrillon, with an assist from Hunter Freeman and Casey, squared the contest.