The Colorado Rapids snapped a two-game losing streak with a 0-0 draw against the Houston Dynamo at DICK'S Sporting Goods Park on Saturday.
The game between the Western Conference foes was predictably physical, and completely dominated by defense. Each side had a handful of chances, but defense reigned superior on both ends on the night.
- THE BIG PICTURE: The Rapids could really use wins these days, especially at home, but grinding out a draw isn't as bad as a loss, certainly. The Dynamo will likely be more satisfied with the result, with Wilmer Cabrera opting to give some of his stars the night off or limited minutes ahead of Wednesday's U.S. Open Cup quarterfinal against Sporting KC.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Outstanding looks on goal were at a premium, but the defense by the Rapids to stop a goal from Gil was a pivotal play in the stalemate.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Kortne Ford put in an active shift in the back for the Rapids, helping to block the aforementioned scoring chance and chipped in with a good volume of clearances and recoveries for the home side.
- COL: Saturday, July 21 at Real Salt Lake (8 PM MT)
- HOU: U.S. Open Cup - Wednesday, July 18 vs Sporting KC (6:30 PM MT)